Monday 14 September 2009

Enjoy today!

Over the weekend I was reading some philosophical thoughts of a 90 year old. I thought I would write my own – some have been said to me, some are my own creation. You could add your own to the list:

The greatest thing is to love and be loved in return
Live for today but remember tomorrow
I want to be slim more than I want that Mars bar
How will you feel about today’s crisis in 6 months’ time?
Remember, a ‘no’ now doesn’t mean ‘no’ forever. Circumstances change.
Be persistent. Failure cannot live with persistence
Dream your dream and find a dream-catcher to help you
Treat others as you would wish to be treated yourself
Write down your goals
When things get tough, talk!
Always remember there are two sides to every story
Act in haste and repent at leisure
There’s no such thing as a quick fix – not for money, weight loss or in relationships
If a thing’s worth having, it’s worth waiting for
Develop the habit of complimenting people
Make an effort to remember people’s names
Always remember to say ‘thank you’
Write letters when you want to say something nice to someone. They can read it again and again and keep it
Send ‘well done’ cards when others achieve something special, win an award or do something good
Nothing tastes as good as being slim feels