Thursday 3 December 2009

It’s December and I love Christmas!

This year Christmas is going to be special. It’s not that we are doing anything exotic or different, it’s just that it’s been a pretty tough year in many respects and now it’s all coming good!

I knew this year would be busy. I had to write a new diet book and record a new fitness DVD. We also decided to build a television studio and launch a new online television channel. To do that, you also need to film a lot of stuff! Then we decided to launch a range of ready meals and soups and sell it by mail order. In the Spring I had a brain-wave and had an idea for a motivational gadget so we set to work to make it. In the midst of all this my lovely mum-in-law became really poorly and we thought we might lose her – thankfully, we didn’t. She’s moved in with us now and she is positively flourishing! We haven’t had a holiday since early June because we couldn’t leave MIL – but that’s fine.

So now it’s December. The book is written and, having tried and tested the diet with a team of 50 Trialists, I know it works better than any diet I have ever created. It will be published on 6th January. My 30th (and last) DVD was recorded in March and will be released on 28th December. It is a cracker and I think folk will love it. The television studio is finished and is fabulous. rosemaryconley.tv is being tested right now and will be available to everyone, 24/7 in January. My range of Solo Slim meals is complete and will launch after Christmas. With no ‘E’ numbers and a shelf life of up to 12 months, this is a very exciting proposition for dieters. And my motivational gadget will be launched in January. You’ll love it and everyone who joins one of our classes in the New Year will get one free.

To top it all we have 8 Slimmer of the Year titles to announce in the New Year with the very best slimming success stories you will have ever heard. You will be able to read about them in our 100th edition of my magazine, Rosemary Conley Diet and Fitness, which will be out in the New Year, together with a free 44 page recipe book of my favourite 100 recipes from across the years included in every copy. You’ll love that too!

So yes, I’m looking forward to Christmas for the fun and relaxation with all the family – and particularly having my mum-in-law here with us. I’m looking forward to the New Year because I know it’s going to be really, really exciting. We’ve worked our socks off this year but in January I know that all that hard work will have been worth it. That’s why I love life so much - because it’s fun!