Monday 14 December 2009

What a wonderful day!


I’ve been in the weight loss business for 38 years now and I’ve been fortunate enough to have enjoyed so many exciting events and activities, privileges and performances but on Friday I experienced something for the first time.

I held a reception for a very special group of VIPs at Quorn House, (our offices). The guests were my Trial Dieters.

At the end of May I met for the first time a group of overweight, unhappy, timid folk who desperately wanted to lose weight. They had responded to an appeal on BBC Radio Leicester for volunteers to try out my new diet. I remember them as they sat on the chairs in our Drawing Room, filling every inch of the seats on which they were sitting.

A month later, the mood was completely different. In just one month of the trial this group of 50 volunteers lost no less than 50 stone! An average of a stone in a month! That proved to me that you could lose a stone in a month if you combined a healthy calorie controlled diet and exercise, no matter what your age. The youngest Trialist was 18 and the oldest, 70 years young. They were thrilled and I was totally delighted plus I had the basis on which to write my new diet book.

After the initial one month trial, all the participants were given the option to continue a weekly weigh-in and measuring session at Quorn House with my Trial Manager, Sue. Six months on, the Trialists had lost significantly more weight and a monumental number of inches, and on Friday everyone was invited to return together for a celebration of their success. This time it was their smiles that filled the room, not their size. Their newly-found confidence and fitness was in abundance. Conversation was flowing as they shared their stories of improved self-esteem and health-improvement – and some were dramatic.

For instance, Bill Wiltshire was our Champion Trial dieter after one month having lost a gob-smacking 1st 10lbs in the first four weeks. But shortly afterwards Bill became very ill, was admitted into hospital and diagnosed with cellulitis. The surgeon told his spouse that he may have to amputate the leg as Bill’s condition was so serious. However, because Bill had been exercising and eating healthily as part of the Trial, even in that short time his circulation had improved so much that the blood-flow was working more efficiently and Bill could, after all, keep his leg! It was great to see him again when he joined the party.

So, on Friday I was standing amongst a group of Trialists who had followed a new diet, exercised regularly, transformed themselves health-wise and shape-wise. And they looked fantastic. John Newcombe was the overall Champion having lost 4st 1lb in the six months.

This was the first time I have ever run a large Trial where all my Trialists had been so closely monitored every step of the way and over such a long period. And now the evidence was standing there in the room looking at me. That was why it was a unique experience. It was brilliant!

I will write more about the health benefits they all enjoyed on another day but for now, be encouraged that this new diet, my Amazing Inch Loss Plan, has been proved to be unbelievably effective and it will be available for you in the New Year. Enjoy what it does for you.