Monday 15 March 2010

We’re off to the Vitality Show!

On Thursday Mike and I, and about a dozen of our staff, travel down to the Vitality Show at Earls Court in London. It’s a four day exhibition and I’m there for the full duration. It is probably the toughest assignment I have all year as it is full-on – meeting the public, answering questions and giving a speech every day to a few hundred folk who are kind enough to want to come and listen to me give advice on how to become fitter and healthier.

We will sell hundreds of my books and my DVDs, and this year for the first time, our Solo Slim ready meals and low fat cheese. It is the perfect platform to be able to explain to the general public about our new online television channel as well as our new and latest products. It is really lovely to meet folk who come up to me and tell me how much weight they’ve lost, how their lives have been changed because of my diets or our classes. It is a privilege to meet so many people who genuinely love what we do.

The other upside of committing to the four days is that we, as a team, work brilliantly together. I may be the one whose name is on the stand and who is delivering the talks but on that stand we are all equal. We all work our socks off and the camaraderie between us is terrific. Mike, my husband, is there too which makes a big difference for me. He really helps me to keep going when I get a bit weary! Then, in the evening, we all have a drink and then eat together and have a lot of laughter. I believe every company should organise events where everybody has to muck in together and interact with each other. It provides a brilliant bonding process that carries on when we return to normal life back at Quorn House, our offices.

If you fancy coming along you will find us in Earls Court 2, London from 18 – 21 March. Visit www.thevitalityshow.co.uk for more details.

So, this time next week I will feel totally exhausted. But, hopefully, I will feel that all our hard work was worthwhile.