Tuesday 30 March 2010

So the best diet to suit us could be found in our genes...

In a report of some research carried out in the States, it would seem that our suitability for a particular diet could be determined by our genes. For some, low-fat works wonders whilst for others there is a real preference for eating a high-protein-low-carb diet. I think this is interesting and I will watch with interest to see how further research develops.

As you know, I still take a couple of classes a week myself and this year there was great excitement when my Amazing Inch Loss Plan diet was launched in all of our classes. I can honestly say that neither I, nor our Rosemary Conley Club franchisees, have ever seen weight drop off folk so fast in the first month of new members joining. For most, our confidence in our claim that you could ‘lose a stone in a month’ was met, and in many cases, exceeded. But not for everyone. A few felt they had been strict in following the diet but had lost ‘only’ eight or nine pounds. Maybe they should follow the high-protein options within the diet and not eat so many carbs? I don’t know.

What I do know is that we all lose weight at different rates, we do different things in our very different lives, and our portion sizes vary, our exercise activity can be extremely different from one to another and yet we all believe we have also been ‘religious’ in our adherence to the diet and a positive ‘slave‘ to the exercise routine. The fact is that in reality, some will have been totally dedicated to maximising their weight loss and others will not have been quite so determined. Unless we literally keep them in a room in a laboratory and feed them through a hatch, we will never know.

Whilst my Amazing Inch Loss Plan is designed to encourage a big weight loss in the first four weeks and then a steady 1 – 2 lbs a week thereafter, there is no doubt that for many it is working completely brilliantly. When you lose a good chunk of weight in the first month and drop a dress size, it certainly gives you the determination to carry on eating a calorie controlled, low fat healthy diet combined with exercise thereafter so that you really do reach your goal. And that’s why we make the claim ‘lose a stone in a month’. To give you the determination to make a big effort for just four weeks to motivate you to carry on and then keep on going at a steady rate thereafter.

Over Easter try to avoid the Easter eggs and ask for flowers or make-up instead if you’re a woman, or maybe a bottle of wine if you’re a guy. The problem with eating chocolate at Easter is that you can get the taste for it again and re-breaking the chocolate habit can be tough. For me, I want to be slim more than I want an Easter egg and I know I can’t be trusted with chocolate so there’ll be no Easter eggs for me!

Happy Easter everyone and look forward to getting slim for summer at our classes after Easter or at www.rosemaryconleyonline.com. We’re here to help so go to www.rosemaryconley.com for all the details.