Tuesday 24 March 2009

Rosemary Conley's skating lesson

I am skiving today! I’m off to the National Ice Centre in Nottingham for my first skating lesson after a gap of two years. Up to August 2006 I had never skated but I was asked to audition for Dancing on Ice for the ‘07 series so I took some lessons. I was short-listed but didn’t make it into the final selection but it introduced me to a whole new, exciting sport. The reason for not having a lesson for two years is because of my recording contract for my DVDs with Universal. Two weeks ago, I completed my latest and last DVD, which will be on release at the end of the year, and so I am free to go skating again, which I am very excited about.

I wouldn’t consider appearing on Dancing on Ice now as the standard has reached such unbelievable heights. Ray Quinn was outstanding and a very worthy winner on Sunday. What an exciting performer he is! Ice skating is a great activity to encourage aerobic fitness combined with strength so this will be my workout for today.