Thursday 11 June 2009

Diet trail

At the moment I am trialling a new diet for a book I am currently writing which will be published in the new year. As with previous diet trials that I have undertaken, I asked BBC Radio Leicester if they would allow me to ask for volunteers, plus we contacted local GP surgeries to see if doctors wanted to put their overweight patients on my new plan, and lots have.

I spend most of my life meeting people who have already lost loads of weight on my diets at our classes, through my books, dvds or through ‘rosemaryconleyonline’, our online slimming club. So it is always interesting to meet folk at the beginning of their weight loss journey, and to hear the reasons why they want to lose weight and why they have reached this stage of needing to lose weight in the first place. They all admit to bad eating habits, snacking and not taking enough exercise.

Yesterday I went back on to Radio Leicester with a couple of the Trialists. Click here to listen to the programme. Ryan is 21 years old. In the first two weeks of the diet he lost 1st 1/2 lb and his third weigh in is tomorrow. He cannot believe how many inches he has shed and is delighted that he lost so much weight so quickly. Ryan is a strongly-built lad and whilst he used to weight 22 stone, he doesn’t look that heavy. I would have guessed his weight at around 17 st. He will look slim if he gets down to 15 stone because of his physique. Ryan talked about his big increase in confidence since he has lost weight and feels that people are now treating him as a real person rather than ignoring him because he was fat. It was great to see his self esteem beaming through after only two and a half weeks!

Andy was my other trialist who had volunteered to come on to Radio Leicester. Andy had had his third weigh-in and had lost 1st 2 lbs in three weeks. Andy works 12 hour shifts which is tough for any dieter but he prepares his ‘pack-up’ of healthy food before he goes to work and is loving his new way of eating. ‘I feel less tired. I have more energy. My beer belly has reduced unbelievably, and everyone is noticing how much slimmer I look. And I work-out to your Fat Attack dvd most days!’ said Andy and on air he was so enthusiastic about his transformation.

Of course, being part of a Trial gives the participants an extra incentive to stick with it and not let me down. They probably make that extra effort to do their exercises instead of not bothering. The crazy thing is, when we stick to the diet – any of my diets – and do the exercise, the weight will drop off anybody if they have it to lose. It is scientifically based on a healthy calorie controlled diet of healthy, energy-giving food. It isn’t rocket science – it’s common sense and more a ‘way of eating’ than a ‘diet’.

If you want to lose weight, dust off one of my books – Gi Jeans or Gi Hip and Thigh are best – and YOU can lose weigh too. Visit one of our classes or check on www.rosemaryconleyonline.com , get a copy of my latest magazine Rosemary Conley Diet and Fitness, and dig out one of my DVD’s, and you’re all set for a NEW SLIMMER YOU! You can find more details on our website www.rosemaryconley.com.