Monday 15 February 2010

An interesting week!

Last week Mike was away skiing with his friends which meant that I could attack all sorts of jobs that I normally wouldn’t have time to do. Along with every other working wife in the country, I feel guilty about doing jobs when we need to spend quality time together so if hubby’s away, then I can work till whatever time I like with a clear conscience.

In addition to completing lots of household jobs I was able to go out with friends to see Strictly Come Dancing – the live tour - in Nottingham on one evening and fly to Dublin to do a mini publicity tour the next day. Our friend house-dog-and mother-in-law-sits, so everything is well covered. The main reason I visited Dublin was to appear on their TV3 channel which is the Irish equivalent of GMTV. They are always charming, welcoming and give me a decent slot to talk about my latest book and DVD as well as our internet TV channel – www.rosemaryconley.tv. If one wants to sell one’s book, DVD and attract viewers on to the new site, then publicity is a must.

After appearing on TV3 I was then whisked off to a radio station to record an ‘as-live’ interview for transmission on Saturday. The presenter was great and the fact that he had already logged on and watched rosemaryconley.tv was a real bonus. And the fact that he commented on how high the production quality appeared was particularly gratifying. Press interviews with the Irish Sun back at the hotel, the Irish News of the World in the taxi to the airport and a women’s magazine at the airport as I arrived in Birmingham meant that I really had used every available minute.

After a quick change at home it was then back to the office to do some writing for my magazine which is fast approaching its deadline and then it was off to Steps, the Leicestershire charity of which I am Patron and a Trustee, for our monthly Trustees meeting in the evening. We’re organising a black tie dinner and fundraising event in June as well as Music in the Meadow in August to raise much needed funds to keep the school going. We have a great team and I love what Steps does and what we are able to achieve as a dedicated and positive group of Trustees.
It made my day when I Twittered about Steps and a professional artist offered to paint a portrait as an Auction prize. We already have an England Rugby shirt signed by all the team of 2009 to auction at the dinner.

I had an early radio interview to do on Friday morning and then meetings through the day but at the end of the day, I felt I had achieved a huge amount. But perhaps the highlight of the week was the fact that a journalist on the South coast had decided to put herself on my Amazing Inch Loss Plan and write about it. And at the end of the 28 days – yes, she’d lost a stone! Wonderful!

It’s lovely now to have Mike back, safe and sound if full of cold. Life is back to normal and next week will be a little easier. Life is very good.

Learn more about my Amazing Inch Loss Plan by logging on to www.rosemaryconley.tv or visit http://www.rosemaryconley.com