Monday 22 February 2010

Patience, patience!

For those of you following my blogs and on Twitter you will be aware that I have been trying to shed a few of my own pounds – along with the rest of the nation at this time of the year. The crunch came when I couldn’t button up my Guess jeans – the ones I wore in the photograph used on the front of my Gi Jeans Diet book in 2006. Because they then fitted me so well, I saved them to be worn on only special occasions which is why I was very cross with myself that I had allowed myself to gain weight over recent months.

So, a month ago, upon arriving back from our skiing holiday – during which I had lost a pound – I made a definite pledge. These few pounds must go and I measured myself with my Magic Measure and vowed to try to do some exercise every day. I also cut back on my wine, I stopped the treats, and I changed to porridge for breakfast (a blue Portion Pot-full). I have really tried and it’s worked.

I have lost two inches off my waist, and over an inch from my hips and widest part. Having a quick check with my Magic Measure every few days was brilliantly motivational and really kept me focussed.

This morning I ventured into the jeans once again. They fitted and without a muffin top. I cannot tell you how good that felt!

So, if you’re trying to drop a dress size or get into that special item of clothing, just keep focussed and be patient. It doesn’t matter how many weeks it takes, but just do it.

Remember, dieting with others is easier and more effective so check out http://www.rosemaryconley.com/content/slim-at-classes/rosemary-conley-classes.htm for details of our classes near you.