Wednesday 1 April 2009

Airline seats are not designed for the overweight.

Today I flew out to Portugal from East Midlands Airport. All went well, the plane was full and on time. Well done Easyjet. But I really feel for anyone who is dramatically overweight. Flying must be one of the most uncomfortable and stressful experiences.

I find low-cost air travel to be brilliant and I'm happy with the 'no frills' policy. The space between the seats is fine for a small person like me who is 5' 2" and weighs 8 stone but imagine if I weighed 16 stone. How on earth would I cope? How would I get in the loo cubicle?

Last week Slimmer of the Year Gill Butcher spoke at the Vitality Show about how she dreaded flying when she weighed 20st 12 lbs. I can understand what a relief it must be to have lost 10 stone and for Gill to now enjoy the experience. Losing weight is truly life changing in so many ways and we sometimes forget the everyday experiences that can cause us stress. If you are going away this year, there's no time like the present to make a start to becoming a smaller you for a more comfortable flight! If you need any help, go to our web site www.rosemaryconley.com